|YTD Inventory / Shipment Report |
|8th Marketing Month||Crop: 2021|
1. A low 2022 Iranian crop forecast and small remaining inventory from the 2021 crop has resulted in higher prices of Iranian pistachios in local and international markets.
2. The combination of psychological effect of the spring frost in conjunction with volatility in currency exchange markets has resulted in very limited sell offers in the market. The price disparity between origin and destination has widened significantly. The exceptionally low shipment volumes of the 8th month is demonstrative of this fact.
3. Californian packers report significant new sales of in-shell USXN1 pistachios in the Middle East and India markets within this month.
4. Worldwide demand for Iranian natural pistachio kernel has been very strong due to its exquisite quality and price competitiveness. Kernels and green kernels amount to 15% of this year’s total tonnage of YTD pistachio export shipments at the end of the eighth marketing month as compared to 10% for the same period last year. Given the limited supply of kernels from other sources, we expect that this trend will continue in the near future.
5. Although total shipment of Iranian pistachios to the EU has declined in the current marketing year, for the first time the YTD volume of kernels/GPPK exports to this region has surpassed the open in-shell. It seems that this is the result of price competitiveness of Iranian pistachio kernels aside from a worldwide rising share of kernel demand.
|Carry in from prevoius year||5,000|
|Note : addjustment / losses related to shelling and peeling process of kernels and green kernels.|
Current Crop Year