|YTD Inventory / Shipment Report In-Shell Basis|
Crop : 2018
|5th Marketing Month||YTD||1. Iran's gross inventory at the beginning of current marketing year was estimated around 87,000 MT of pistachios. 2018 year-to-date export shipments (as of 1 February) stay at 17,000 MT, a decrease of 82,000 MT (82%) compared to last year. |
2. The enforcement of recently minted currency exchange regulations has restricted Iranian pistachio exports to such an extent, as to drive shipment of an unknown volume of pistachio nut consignments via unofficial channels. Consequently, IPA's estimate of the remaining inventory at the end of the 5th marketing month (62,000 MT), may require revision.
3. India has been the main market for Iranian pistachios through January. Out of 8,000 MT of pistachios exported to this growing market, Iran’s share stands at 66%, while the US has 34% of the market share through January.
4. In total, 72,000 MT of pistachios have been exported to the Far East through January. The Californian pistachios’ share of this market stands at 97%, while Iran’s behind at 3%.
5. Through January, 27,000 MT of pistachios have totally been exported to the EU15. The US’ share of this market is 96%, with Iran having 4% of the market share.
6. Total pistachio shipments to the Middle East amount to 9,000 MT as of February 1, with the US having 72%, and Iran 28% of the market share.
|Carry in from prevoius year||35,000|
|Note : addjustment / losses related to shelling and peeling process of kernels and green kernels.|
Current Crop Year